- Are you a member of a liberal or progressive spiritual/religious organization invested in social justice?
- Does the organization struggle when it comes to living out principles of racial justice?
- Do you feel conflicted and/or confused when called to be accountable to people of color?
If you answered “yes” to at least two of the questions above, you are invited you to sign up to be a part of an online group that will discuss the book, Living in the Tension: The Quest for a Spiritualized Racial Justice, and how issues of accountability emerge in each theme/chapter.
If you are unfamiliar with the book, you can read about it here.
The purpose of the discussion is for me to learn what essential elements to include in a free, downloadable set of resources that church organizations can use to advance their racial justice efforts. (The intention for the resources are that they will be usable for both multi-racial and white-caucused dialogues, and I will ensure that diverse voices provide input, regardless of the composition of this online group.)
- The anticipated time frame for reading and discussing the book is early May through mid-June.
- Exact dates and times for the online discussions will be determined in mid-April.
- There will be no fee to be part of this group, and no one will be paid to be part of this group.
Please sign up using this link if you want to join!
Author, Witnessing Whiteness and Living in the Tension