Witnessing Whiteness is…
- Written in plain, easy-to-read language
- Building on Michelle Fine’s suggestion that white people need to be able to see their whiteness (Click Here)
Race issues are really confusing.
This book explains why:
- Not paying attention to race is a problem
- Avoiding race ruins well-meaning service efforts
We need guides who can help us.
This book includes personal stories about how…
- We can develop a healthy sense of racial identity
- We can get through conflict across race
We need to be part of the solution.
The book talks about how…
- We can take action to stop racism
- We can create more communities
No. People of color will value this book this book too because…
- Whiteness affects all of us in this society
- The history of whiteness is hidden from all of us
- It can help to understand why white do what they do
- The voices of people of color in the book are strong
This book is best read as a group. Visit the Book Groups page to discover how you can develop a book club. There are discussion questions you can download and helpful hints on how to run a discussion group.
Or, visit the workshop series page to learn about an 11-part series you can download to help support your group’s reading of the book.